Photo Credit: Nicole McBride; www.metropawlitanart.com
Media-Upper Providence Library Book Sale
Media Municipal Center,
4th & Jackson Sts, Media, PA
(2 blocks north of the Library)
Visit the new Book Sale Facebook Page for the most current information!
8-Room Stone Cottage & Large Community Center hall full of books, DVD’s, CD’s, Videos, Tapes, Records, Puzzles, Ephemera
Saturday, April 18, 2014:
Hardbacks and trade paperbacks: $2
Mass market paperbacks: $1
Children’s and Specials: as marked.
Sunday, April 19, 2014:
Everything half price (except in the Specials Room)
Monday, April 20, 2014:
Bag Day is BACK. Fill a bag for $5!
Specials are half price
Time:10:00 am – 5:00 pm each day. Go Green. Bring bags.
Organized by year-round volunteers, at the Stone Cottage opposite the police station, Media Municipal Center, Media, PA 19063.
To benefit: Media-Upper Providence Free Library, Media, PA
STONE COTTAGE CATEGORIES (Hardbacks and trade soft cover):
Room 1: mysteries.
Room 2: popular fiction.
Room 3: history, military, government/politics, law, biography (some in categories; eg: sports, entertainment), true crime, true adventure, African-American culture, American Indian heritage.
Room 4: science fiction, fantasy and horror, travel.
Room 5: cooking, crafts, animals, environment, medical, self-help, psychology, women’s & mens’ studies, home improvement, hobbies.
Room 6: business, education, study guides, parenting
Room 7: math, science, photography, humor, trivia, foreign language, misc.
Room 8: poetry, literature, writing, reference, religion, philosophy, mythology, sociology, anthropology, archaeology, drama, christian literature, spirituality/inspirational.
COMMUNITY HALL CATEGORIES:
Children’s, paperbacks, teen literature, art & architecture, sports, fitness, outdoore activities, gardening, holiday, transportation, histories of local places, coffee table books, large print, gift books, film, radio, tv, music, celebrity, dance, booklets & entertainment: dvd’s, cd’s, tapes, videos, records, puzzles.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
- When do you accept donations? Donations are accepted year round, 24/7, except the month of sales (April & October).
- Where do we accept donations? On the porch of the Stone Cottage opposite the police station.
*Please email email@example.com or call the library at 610-566-1918 a day or two in advance to arrange a volunteer to meet you at the cottage if you have more than 8 medium-sized boxes.
- What type of donations do you accept? We accept (clean and in good condition) hardbacks, trade soft cover, paperbacks, DVDs, books on tape, videos, records, puzzles, maps. We regret we cannot accept Reader’s Digest books or magazines such as National Geographic because of a lack of interest among our patrons.
- Where do I obtain a receipt? Receipts are available from the Library or Stone Cottage.
- Who benefits from the book sales? All proceeds go to the Media-Upper Providence Free Library.