The Library accepts volunteer applications year-round and contact applicants based on the needs of the library and the qualifications of the applicant. Here are just some ideas for how you can help for 1 hour a week or more:
- Adopt-a-Shelf Volunteers Stop by the library once a week to organize your selected book shelf or area.
- Digital Help Volunteer Are you adept at downloading eBooks or working with MS Office? We need a volunteer who could help patrons with basic questions about their devices and social media. Help session timing would be flexible based on your availability and we will provide training.
- Library Program Volunteer Are you artistic, literary, crafty, mechanical, scientific. a collector, history buff, or fan? We invite you to share your talent and passion in a library program or get-together. We would provide the support and publicity for your event.
Please contact email@example.com
Anyone who is accepted as a volunteer must have a current Pennsylvania Child Abuse History clearance, PA State Police Criminal Record Check and an FBI Background Check.
We accept volunteer applications year-round and contact applicants based on the needs of the library and the qualifications of the applicant.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
- MUPFL Book Sale If you are interested in helping our team of Book Sale volunteers during the year or during the sale weekends, please contact the Book Sale Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Delaware County Literacy Council
If you have time, talent, and energy, you can make a difference by becoming a literacy tutor to a Delaware County adult. The Delaware County Literacy Council (DCLC) provides free individual and small-group reading, math, and English as a Second Language (ESL) instruction to adults with low literacy skills. Tutors meet one on one with students at times and locations convenient to their schedules. To learn more, visit www.delcoliteracy.org.
- Natural Lands Trust
- ReStor (Delaware County Habitat for Humanity)
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program of Delaware County